· The claim form processed opened on January 13,2020.
· Printed forms can be picked up at the Eskasoni BandOffice or at the Union of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq office at 201 Churchill Drive,Suite 304, Membertou.
· Claim forms can also be found online on theFederal Indian Day School Settlement Website at www.indiandayschools.com
· Claims can be submitted within a two-and-a-half-yearperiod- up until July 13, 2022.
· Claims will not be processed until after May12, 2020 (120 days after the beginning date).
Gowling WLG is the lawfirm handling the settlement:
· They provide FREE legalassistance completing claims forms.
· Call 1-844-539-3815 and a form filler will fillin the claim form on their end and send you the completed form for you to signand attach necessary documents.
· They are coming to Unama’ki the last week ofFebruary 2020 and will be providing FREE legal assistancedirectly in several communities. Dates and times to be announced.
Deloitte is the claimsadministrator: 1-888-221-2898.
· If you have sent in your claim form you canfollow up after a three (3) week period to confirm they receivedyour documents- don’t forget to ask for your claim number.
· Please note: If you sent in your form and you want tochange the level, you should call immediately and tell them- they will notethis information on your profile and tell you what additional documents you mayneed to send in.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS
For immediatemental health support phone:
· Hope for Wellness Help Line at 1-855-242-3310
· Eskasoni Crisis Line at 1-855-379-2099.
For an intake for mental wellness services, such as counselling and traditional healing, contact:
· Eskasoni Crisis and Referral Centre at (902)379-2910
· Union ofNova Scotia Mi’kmaq Mental Wellness Team at (902) 539-4107 ext.210