Camp OUTside the Lines is a two-day/two-night youth camp, in partnership between the Union of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq Mental Wellness Team and the Youth Project Cape Breton, bringing together the 2SLGBTQIS+ community and allies ages 13-18 from across Unama’ki (Cape Breton.)
This is an opportunity to embrace Indigenous and Non-Indigenous perspectives and to support the importance of community by providing youth with a safe place for discussion, education, and creating connections.
The two-day/two-night event will include workshops on identity, culture, and social activities such as arts and crafts, and a drag show. Space is limited.
For more information, please contact:
We would like to thank our supporting partners, who in the spirit of supporting our youth and diverse communities, assisted to make the event a success:
- Nova Scotia Department of Communities, Culture, and Heritage
- Jordan’s Principle/Unama’ki Jordan’s Principle
- Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia
- United Heritage Church of Sydney
- Union of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq Capacity Development
- Cape Breton Centre for Sexual Health
- Nova Scotia Health